Aims: A basic aim of the project is to introduce, in Slovenia, an internationally recognized certification system for welding coordinators and lifelong education of personnel managing welding production. On the basis of Slovakian experience we wish to amend the system and add new contents encouraging lifelong learning in the field of welding engineering.
Analysis of the state of certification in Europe
Elaboration of the Manual and operating procedures for certification
Training of personnel to perform certification (workshop)
Dissemination at the level of Europe
Pilot seminar as preparation for certification
Certification and issue of certificates
Preparation of a European guideline for lifelong learning of welding coordinators
Presentation of lifelong education to the Slovenian metal-working industry
Organization of a seminar for coordinators in Slovenia
Organization of pilot certification in Slovenia
Preparation of QA Manual
Instructions, rules and operating procedures for the operation of the certification body, and implementation of the certification procedure
Workshop for personnel to perform certification
Information activities for potential participants in certification from Slovenia (articles in Varilna tehnika, information seminar).
Preparation for certification
Pilot certification of a group of welding coordinators from Slovenia
Recommendations for lifelong education of welding coordinators.
Impact: Slovenia will participate in the international certification system. The first certificates are to be issued in 2011. Certification will be continued to issue 250 certificates in the next five years. In Slovenia a system of lifelong learning of welding coordinators is to be established. Novelties and improvements shall be transferred into the area of Europe.
Result number 1: Instruction for the operators of certification bodies and implementation of the certification procedure.
Result number 2: Introduction of certification and education intu practic. Demonstration of the importance of certification for European users. Establishment of cooperation with the Slovenian industry.
Result number 3: Pilot seminars for a selected group of welding engineers from Slovenian metal-working industry.
1st Pilot seminar: Technical requirements for the construction of welded structure, Date: 22-09-2010
2nd Pilot Seminar: Corrosion of steel and corrosion protects.
Result number 4: Pilot certification of group of Slovenian welding coordinators. 25 Slovenian welding coordinators was certificated in 2011.
Result number 5: Development of the system of lifelong education of welding coordinators.
Dissemination: 1. Presentation project Welding coordination information on Welding institute on Day of new technologies and welding processes (phot2, phot3, phot4). Place: Institut za varilstvo d.o.o. Ljubljana Date: December 04, 2009
2. 35th EWF GENERAL ASSEMBLY - Presentation of Certification of Welding Coordinators Related with LLP. Place: Villepinte Date: January 21, 2010
3. n NEWSLETTER News & Information about the EWF and the IAB/IIW, Issue 26, EWF-IAB/IIW SECRETARIAT Av. Prof. Cavaco Silva, 33 TagusPark-Apartado 012 P-2741-901 Porto Salvo PORTUGAL, www.ewf.be Title: WELDING COORDINATORS
4. DVT 2010 4.Sejem VARJENJE in REZANJE – Celjski sejem
Article title: Program izobraževanja, usposabljanja in kvalifikacije na področju varilstva Place of fair: Celje Date: May 20, 2010
Article title: Certificiranje varilnih koordinatorjev skladno s shemo IIW
Date: March 2010
7. Journal SVAROVANI, No:7-8/10, ISDN 0044-5525
Certifikacia odbornikov vo zvarani
Date: August 2010
8. Presentation project - CWC on DNT
Date: December 2010
9. Uran M., Stav J.B., Mraz L., Engh E., Zuljan D., New Modern Technologies used in Education and Certification of Welding Personnel, PROCEEDIMGS , Pipeline Welding Current Topic of the Region, The 2nd South East European IIW International Congress, Welding - HIGH- TECH Tecnology in 21st century, Sofija, Bulgaria
Date: 21st and 24th of October 2010.
10. Leaflet, The International (IIW/EWF) Personnel Certification System, EWF-IAB/IIW Secretariat
11. Presentation a project which main aim is to introduce in Slovenia the certification of welding coordinators related with the Lifelong Program. The 35th EWF General assembly